Note the following when transferring funds (depositing) from a bank account into your KuCoin account:
1. Use only bank accounts under your name.
• Make sure that the name on your bank account is the same as the name on your KuCoin account. If a transfer (deposit) is made from a bank account that is not in your name, we will return the transferred funds to the bank account from which the transfer initiated.
• If we incur any fees from our banks in this process (from transfer to return), the fees will be deducted from the amount returned.
2. When making transfers (deposits), be sure to include the exact “Reference Note” content we provide to you (when using certain payment methods). Do not add or delete anything. The contents of the “Reference Note” field will be used to deposit (forward) the funds into your KuCoin account.
• If the payment method you are using provides a “Reference Note” field for transfers, be sure to include the exact “Reference Note” content that we provide to you. Do not add or delete anything. Different banks may have different names for the “Reference Note” field (examples include “Note”, “Remarks”, “Memo”, “Description”, etc.). If you are unsure, check with your bank for where this information should be included.
• Directly copy and paste the “Reference Note” content that we provide to you when you make the transfer. Be sure not to add or delete anything. We use the contents of the “Reference Note” field to forward (deposit) the transferred funds into your KuCoin account.
3. There may be restrictions on transfer (deposit) amounts.
• When making transfers (deposits), keep in mind that certain transfer (payment) methods may impose restrictions on transfer amounts. Be sure your transfer amount is not lower than the minimum amount or higher than the maximum amount imposed by the transfer method you are using.
• If your transfer amount is lower than the minimum transfer amount, we will not return your transfer (deposit), and no funds will be credited to your account.
• If your transfer (deposit) amount exceeds the maximum transfer (deposit) amount, we will return your transfer (deposit). If we incur any fees from our banks in this process (from transfer to return), the fees will be deducted from the amount returned.
Bank Transfers - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long will it take to receive a bank transfer?
A: The time it takes to receive a bank transfer (deposit) depends on the currency and settlement network being used. You can find estimated transfer times in the description of the payment method you are using. Usually, bank transfers are received within the following time frames:
|EUR||SEPA||1-2 Business Days|
|GBP||BACS||1-2 Business Days|
|USD||SWIFT||3-5 Business Days|
Q: Why haven’t I received my deposit (transfer)?
A: The time required for receiving deposits (transfers) are estimates. KuCoin does not have control over the time it takes for banks to process deposits (transfers). If you have not received your deposit (transfer) within the expected time frame, check the following:
1. Check whether the recipient bank information and “Reference Note” information you provided is correct. If you forgot to include the “Reference Note” information, or if the “Reference Note” information you included is incorrect, contact customer service and provide proof of bank transfer;
2. Check whether there are any bank holidays;
Q: Why has by deposit (transfer) been returned?
A: The following are some common reasons for deposits (transfers) being returned:
1. The bank account you used to make the deposit (transfer) is not under your name;
2. Your deposit (transfer) exceeds the maximum allowed amount for a single transfer or for a single day;
3. For some reason, our banks rejected your transfer (deposit);