Q1：I am a buyer and click "I have transferred money, notify seller" before completing the payment, what happens?
A1: Be careful not to click "I have transferred" without completing the payment or making the payment, this behavior is a malicious payment, which may cause some functions of your account to be limited. If you are not careful, please communicate with the merchant in time through IM live chat on the order details page, otherwise, the merchant has the right to apply for cancellation of the order.
Note that payment must be made using your own real-name account. Please select a payment method that arrives in real-time, and transfers/transfers that exceed the limit can be paid in batches. There is no need to input any information when transferring and paying, such as digital assets, BTC, USDT, KCS, order number, please release coins, and other information.
Q2: What should I do if the seller does not provide a valid receiving account?
A2: When the buyer makes a transaction payment, occasionally the payment method provided by the seller is incorrect or invalid, such as the bank card number having insufficient digits, the card number being garbled, and other accidental circumstances. In this case, you can resolve it as follows:
1. You can contact the seller through the Instant Message (IM) function on the right side of the page to ask the seller to re-provide the information needed.
2. If the seller is not contacted and the order is not carried out normally, you can keep the screenshot of the page with the abnormal payment method of the merchant, and after the order is automatically canceled, initiate an appeal, submit problem feedback, and the customer complaint specialist will record and contact the merchant for rectification. Your feedback during this time will be extremely very helpful to improve the advertising quality of the platform.
3. If the order has been canceled after timeout, you can return to the ad list to place a new order.
Q3: “I have transferred money but forgot to point out when I bought the coins; I have transferred money and informed the seller. What should I do?”
A3: When buying coins, if you do not return to the order page and click the "Transferred" button after completing the payment on the third-party payment platform, the system will not be able to automatically detect that you have completed the transfer, and then cannot prompt the seller to release the coins, so the order will be automatically canceled after the specified time. In this case, you can try the following:
1. Negotiate with the seller through the online chat window to re-initiate an order of the same amount, provide the payment voucher to the seller, and explain the situation to the other party. Subsequently, you can ask the seller for a refund.
2. Negotiate with the seller through the online chat window and ask the seller to directly transfer the purchased assets to your KuCoin account. Go to the Asset page > Withdraw > Withdraw Crypto > Withdraw to KuCoin user. You will then be asked to provide your bound email/mobile phone number/UID to the seller and wait for the cryptocurrency assets to be delivered by the seller.
3. If you can't contact the other party or the negotiation has been proved fruitless, you can initiate an appeal by clicking the [Need Help] button. The KuCoin customer service staff will contact the seller for you as soon as possible for negotiation, but there is no guarantee that the funds will be recovered, and if the seller does not respond or refuses to cooperate, the buyer can report the case to the law enforcement agency.
(1) When buying coins and paying the fiat assets, the platform will not automatically deduct the assets, please go to the corresponding third-party payment platform to complete the transfer within the specified time, and then return to the payment page on KuCoin and click "I have completed the transfer". Once done, the seller may now release your coins.
(2) If you have completed the payment on the third-party payment platform and clicked the "I have completed the transfer" button, you can wait for the seller to release the coins. During this period, in order to avoid unnecessary loss of funds, please do not cancel the order. By canceling your order, your funds may not be automatically returned.
(3) If the seller does not release coins in time, please initiate an appeal in time.
Q4: I am a seller, what should I do if the buyer clicks "I have transferred money, notify seller" without payment?
A4: Initially, check if your bank/wallet account has received the payment. Some payment methods may take 1-3 days to reach your account. At the same time, you can also ask the buyer for more proof of payment through the IM live chat function on the order page.
If the buyer can't complete the payment, you can ask them to cancel the order.
If you can't reach the buyer, you can appeal to cancel your order by following these steps:
1. Go to the [My Orders] page and select the order you want to cancel;
2. Click [Need help?];
3. Select the problem you are facing;
4. Follow the instructions on the page to submit an appeal.
KuCoin customer service will require some processing time to review your situation. The more relevant information provided, the faster KuCoin's processing progress.
Be careful to guard your digital currency! Buyer's screenshots are not 100% reliable. Do not deliver digital currency until you have actually received payment in your bank/wallet account.
Q5:What if I over/underpay?
A5: If you buy coins in the P2P coin buying area, if the order is overpaid/underpaid before it is completed, or found to be overpaid/underpaid after completion, if you cannot negotiate with the seller to solve it, please initiate an appeal or submit feedback in time, provide the order number and payment voucher, and make a video of the transaction record to show the amount you paid, and the platform specialist will handle it. The specific operation steps are as follows:
(1) Order incomplete status
When you complete the payment on the third-party payment platform, and click [I have transferred, notify the seller], but the seller has not released coins, the order is in an incomplete state, if you find that you have overpaid, you can contact the other party through the IM instant chat system and communicate the return; if the communication between the two parties is ineffective, please appeal or feedback the problem in time. Click the [Need Help] button below the detailed information to describe the problem, provide a screenshot of the flow, and a specialist will quickly intervene to deal with it for you.
(2) Order completed status
When you pay, and click [I have transferred, notify the seller], and the seller has released coins, at this time the order has been completed, if you find that you have overpaid, please click the [Have questions about the order] button under the detailed information in time to describe the problem, provide screenshots of the flow, and a specialist will quickly intervene to deal with it for you.
When you pay, and click [I have transferred, notify the seller], this time you find that you have underpaid, you can contact the other party through the IM system, and if the seller agrees to resolve the underpayment to continue to complete the order, you can make up according to the other party's collection method bound on the platform, and then the seller will release the coins.
If the seller does not agree to make up the payment to continue to fill the order, you can contact the seller for a refund, and after confirming that the payment is correct, please cancel the order and place a new order. If you cannot contact the seller, click the [Have questions about the order] button at the bottom of the detail page in time to submit feedback on the problem, and a specialist will assist in dealing with it.
Q6: I have completed the payment and the seller has not sent the coins.
A6: If the seller doesn't deliver the cryptocurrency after you pay, it's really frustrating.
You can alert sellers through the IM live chat function in the app, or click [Reminder Coin] on the order details page to remind sellers. The following tests can also be done:
1. Make sure you've paid to the correct account;
2. Contact the seller via chat to issue them more proof of payment;
3. Be patient, the cryptocurrency corresponding to the order has been locked by the platform;
4. For payment methods that are not instant, we recommend that you wait 1 to 3 business days to allow sufficient time for the transfer to be processed.
If you can't reach the other party or the negotiation fails, you can file a complaint. Click [Need Help] and select [Seller failed to deliver the digital currency], follow the instructions on the page to upload proof of payment for KuCoin customer service to review and process.
KuCoin customer support will take some time to review and process your appeal.
Q7:What should I do if I accidentally released the cryptocurrency without receiving the payment?
A7: We are deeply concerned about this! Please communicate with the buyer through the online chat window to confirm the buyer's payment information, and if the buyer has not paid, please ask the buyer to make up the payment as soon as possible. If you can't contact the other party or the negotiation is fruitless, you can still appeal on the order details page, click [Need Help] and select the relevant reason, and follow the instructions on the page. KuCoin customer service staff will contact the buyer to pay the repayment or refund the digital assets, but there is no guarantee that the funds will be recovered, and if the buyer does not respond or refuses to cooperate, the seller can report the case to the law enforcements.
"Failure to receive payment, or misplaced coins" refers to the operation of releasing coins to buyers when the seller does not receive the buyer's transfer during the buy/sell transaction. The Seller shall be solely responsible for the act of releasing coins in advance before confirming receipt. If you encounter such a situation, you can negotiate with the buyer to make up the payment or refund the digital assets, and it is recommended that you appeal or submit feedback in time to deal with it, as follows:
1. If you do not receive the payment, you can contact the buyer.
If you have not received the money and have released the coins, you can click [Buy/Sell] - [Order] at the bottom of the app page, click the dialogue window in the upper right corner of the [Completed] order page, contact the other party through IM online communication, provide your personal collection account, and communicate with the buyer whether the payment can be made.
2. The payment has not been received and the buyer cannot be contacted.
If you cannot contact the buyer, please click the [Have questions about the order] button at the bottom of the order completion page in time to appeal, (you can also give feedback through the [Online Customer Service] channel in the lower right corner of the page). The customer service staff will contact the buyer to pay the supplementary payment or return the digital assets, but there is no guarantee that the funds will be recovered, and if the buyer does not respond or refuses to cooperate, the seller can report the case to law enforcement.
Q8:How do I check the status of my appeal?
A8:If the appeal status is updated, we will contact you through your registered email/website message/app push message. The final status of the appeal will be displayed in the Appeal Progress/Appeal History on the order details page for the request.
Q9:Can I cancel an appeal?
A9:You can cancel an appeal you've submitted at any time on the order details page. Please give priority to negotiation with the counterparty, if the negotiation between the two parties is unsuccessful, the order flows to the customer service follow-up, and the platform customer service specialist will investigate and deal with it according to the evidence submitted by both parties. If you are the respondent, please respond within 20 minutes to whether there is consensus, the respondent cannot cancel the appeal on its own initiative.
Q10:How long does it take for agents to process my appeal?
A10: KuCoin customer service makes every effort to handle all your appeals with care. KuCoin customer support can take up to 12 hours to respond to your appeal. At the same time, the more relevant data you provide, such as proof of payment, the more efficiently your issues can be handled. The resolution of the complaint depends on the response of the buyer and the seller, please pay attention to the progress of the appeal in time, the customer service specialist may notify both parties to submit additional evidence, please be sure to keep the email address and mobile phone number you bind to the KuCoin platform unblocked.