**Google two-step verification is used to log in, trade, deposit and withdraw on the KuCoin Exchange**
1. Download the Google Authenticator application to your phone.
IOS users should search for "Google Authenticator" in the App Store. Download
Android users should search for "Google Authenticator" in Google Play. Download
2. Bind Google two-step verification.
First, log in to your KuCoin account. Click on the Account tab. Next, click on the Google 2-Step tab. If you have already downloaded the App, click on the Next button
Next, you will see a screen similar to the one below. When this screen appears, the letters and numbers that you see is your secret key. Please, write this down and store it in a secure place. You will need this if you lose or replace your phone, or accidentally uninstall Google Authenticator. Once you have saved the 2-Step secret key, please click on the Next button to continue.
Now, you will see the following screen. Open the Google Authenticator app on your phone. You now have two options:
- You may scan the QR code with your phone, and it will set up the Google Authenticator for KuCoin and start generating codes for you.
- You may also input the email address linked to your KuCoin account and the secret key that you received. Once you have done this, the Google Authenticator will start generating codes for you.
Third,open Google Authenticator from your phone to scan the QRcode or input your email address and the key which appears on our website.
Below are some samples of what you will see on your phone in the Google Authenticator app.
Once the Google Authenticator and your KuCoin account are bound, you will receive a unique 6-digit code to access your account. This code is only valid for one time, and a new code is generated every 30 seconds. Below is a sample of what the code will look like on your phone.
Finally, enter your 6-digit code into the Please enter Google 2-Step verification box, and click the Submit button as seen below. Now you have secure access to your KuCoin account!
- The mobile phone’s timeneeds to be consistent with the server’s time. The server’s time can be found in the lower right of KuCoin's official website, when the site requests the 2FA code.
- Some phones need to be restarted after the binding.
- For login, trading and withdrawal, users are required to enter the verification code.
- Please do NOT delete the Google Authenticator from your phone.
- Please enter the correct Google two-step verification code, because if you enter the wrongverification code five times, the Google two-step verification will be locked for 24 hours.