First, log in to your KuCoin account, then, click on the markets tab.
2. Now, you will see the tabs of the different markets and trading pairs highlighted in the red box below.
3. Depending on which tab you click on you will see different markets. The options are Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Neo (NEO), Tether (USDT) and KuCoin Shares (KCS). Not all tokens are paired into every market, and the prices may vary depending on the market you are looking at. Also, keep in mind that you should pay attention to the Fiat currency price as well as the price of the Coin that the token is paired with.
4. Now you will see the different markets, starting with BTC. When you are looking at this page you can see the last price, %change over the last 24 hours, Amount (24 hours) and Volume (24 hours). There is also the option for fast trading, which allows you to buy or sell at the best current price available. Notice that the price is listed in BTC, and the fiat currency is next to it. When you want to buy something, for example, ETH, you are actually spending BTC to buy, not fiat currency. This will be the same for all markets.
5. The following four images show you the different markets, depending on which tab you click on.
5. Once you have clicked on the tab for the market that you want to trade in, you can scroll down until you find the token/coin you want to trade and click on it, or you can use the search box to find the token/coin. If you use the search box make sure that you are in the market where the appropriate pair is. If not, you will not find what you are looking for. Below shows where you find the search box.
6. Now that you have found whichever coin you want to trade, you will see the following page. For this example, you will see BTC/ETH.
7. Before you can trade you will need to enter your Google 2FA, for security. Once you enter the Google 2FA code you will not be asked to enter it again for 2 hours. It is highlighted in the red box below.
8. Now, you are ready to trade. First, you will see the order book and the recent ledger. The red numbers highlighted in the red box, are the tokens for sale. The green numbers highlighted in the green box, are the orders to buy. The number between these two boxes is the last sale price. The numbers highlighted in the blue box are the recent transactions that have occurred.
9. Just below the order book, you will see where you can place your orders to buy or sell. Here you enter your price in BTC to buy or sell ETH, using our example. You can click on any number on the order book, and the price will go into the Buy or Sell box for you, or you can enter your price manually. You also enter the number of coins/tokens you want to buy here. Using the above order book, you can see that you can buy 1 ETH for 0.07097396 BTC. That is the best available price currently. However, you do not need to pay that price. You can offer whatever price you want, and your order will go into your open orders, and be filled when the price matches your offer. Also, notice that only 1 ETH is available at that price. So, if you want to buy 4 ETH and you choose to set the buy price at the price where 1 ETH is available, your order will be partially filled until your price is met for the additional 3 ETH. Once again this will remain in your open orders.
10. Below you will see where your open orders are stored. You can also find your open orders under the Assets tab.
11. You will also see a big graph on the page. This shows you how the coin/token has performed since listing.
12. This is only a guide to help you navigate through trading on KuCoin. If you are not an experienced trader, it is advised that you do some research before investing.