**Google 2-step verification is used to log in, trade, deposit and withdraw on the KuCoin Exchange**
Download the Google Authenticator App on your phone.
IOS users should search for "Google Authenticator" in the App Store.
Android users should search for "Google Authenticator" in Google Play. Download
Bind Google 2-step verification.
Firstly, log in to your KuCoin account. Click the avatar on the upper right corner and select "Security Settings" in the drop-down menu.
Find Security Settings, click "Set" and then click "Send". A verification code will be sent to your registered E-mail address.
Next, you will see a screen similar to the one below. When this screen appears, the letters and numbers that you see are your secret key. Please write this down and store it in a secure place. You will need this if you lose or replace your phone, or accidentally uninstall Google Authenticator. Once you have saved the 2-step secret key, please click on the Next button to continue.
Now you will see the following screen. Open the Google Authenticator app on your phone. You have two options:
- You may scan the QR code with your phone, and it will set up the Google Authenticator for KuCoin and start generating the 6-digit codes for you.
- You may also input the E-mail address linked to your KuCoin account and the secret key that you recorded. Once you have done this, Google Authenticator will start generating the 6-digit codes for you.
******Below are some samples of what you will see on your phone in the Google Authenticator app******
Once the Google Authenticator and your KuCoin account are bound, you will receive a unique 6-digit code to access your account. The code is valid for one use and will be changed every 30 seconds. Below is a sample of what the code will look like on your phone.
Finally, enter your 6-digit code into the Please enter Google 2-step verification box, and click the Submit button as seen below. Now you can securely access your KuCoin account!
- The time on your mobile phone needs to be consistent with the server’s time. The server’s time can be found in the lower right of KuCoin's official website when the site requests the 2FA code.
- Some phones need to be restarted after binding.
- For login, trading, and withdrawal, users are required to enter the verification code.
- Please do NOT delete the Google Authenticator from your phone.
- Please enter the correct Google 2-step verification code. If you enter the wrong verification code five times, the Google 2-step verification will be locked for 2 hours.