To make trading more convenient, users can create API to conduct their trading and withdrawal operations. The API creation process is as follows:
1. Log in to www.kucoin.com, click the avatar, in the drop-down menu, select API Management Create API, as shown in the image:
2. A window will pop up where you can choose either API Trading or Link Third-Party Applications. For API trading, enter the API name and API passphrase.
For linking to a third-party application, first select the name of the third-party app you wish to link. Then, enter the API name and API passphrase, and select API permissions.
For account security purposes, withdrawals are not supported by linking a third-party application, and there is no need to link an IP address. During transactions, the platform will use the configured third-party IP addresses.
During the creation process, pay attention to the relevant prompts and rules on the API creation page. Here are some points for your special attention:
- The API passphrase is crucial. It is highly recommended to write it down and store it in a secure location. You will need the API passphrase for verification when using the API. Additionally, do not disclose your API key to prevent any potential loss of assets.
- To ensure the security of your funds, API keys that are enabled for spot, margin, or futures trading but not linked to an IP address will be automatically deleted or have their trade permissions disabled after 30 days of inactivity. However, there is no expiration limit for API keys that only have the General permissions.
To enable access to permissions, you must add your IP address to the whitelist.
3. A security verification will pop up. Enter your trading password, email verification code, and Google verification code.
4. Click the button to confirm and complete the creation.