1. Click the avatar as shown in Figure 1 and click “Sub-Account” to enter the page.
- Each Master account is allowed to create up to 100 Sub-Accounts
Figure 1: Sub-account entrance
2. Click the button on the upper right corner of the sub-account page as shown in Figure 2 and enter your sub-account name and remarks (see Figure 3) to create a sub-account. (*Notice: the “Remark” is not compulsory and the sub-account name cannot be repeated.)
Figure 2: Sub-account page
Figure 3: Create a sub-account
3. In the “Sub-Account” page (see Figure 4), you could check the estimated total value of all your sub-accounts and and the corresponding “Account Name”, “Remark”, “Estimated BTC Value” and available operations supported (Transfer/API/Asset Details/Freeze or Unfreeze Account) for each sub-account.
Figure 4: Sub-Account page
Figure 5: Assets transfer button
Assets transfer steps for sub-account:
1) Click the icon below in Figure 6 and select the assets transfer direction.
2) Select a sub-account and the token/coin you are to transfer in the dropdown list and enter your transfer amount.
3) Click “Confirm” button to transfer assets.
Figure 6: Assets transfer
5. Sub-Account API
Please note that only Master Account is authorized the permission to create, delete or change the API. You could create a maximum of 10 APIs for each sub-account.
- Create a sub-account API: To create an API for a sub-account, please firstly enter into the sub-account page. Click “API” button as shown below in Figure 7 and go to the API page (see Figure 8). Edit your API name and API passphrase (see Figure 9) and click “Confirm” to create your API. (*Notice: the API passphrase is used for API allocation validation and cannot be changed after setting.)
Figure 7: API button in sub-account page
Figure 8: Create an API
Figure 9: Enter API name and passphrase to create an API
- Change API information in a Sub-Account: The system would automatically enable the “General” and “Trade” permissions of a sub-account by default (“deposit” and “withdrawal” are not available for sub-account). You could click “Change” as shown in Figure 10 to modify the permission settings and click “Save” to save your settings (see Figure 11).
Figure 10: “Change” Button
Figure 11: “Save” Button
- Delete an API of a Sub-Account: If you no longer need an API in a sub-account, you could click “Delete” as shown in Figure 12 to delete the API.
Figure 12: “Delete” Button
For more information about the Sub-Account API, please check API Documentation.
6. Freeze and Unfreeze a Sub-Account
- Click “Freeze Account” (as shown in Figure 13) and the corresponding sub-account will be frozen. Meanwhile, all the pending orders placed by this account will be cancelled and the APIs will be disabled automatically. However, you could transfer the assets back to your Master account.
Figure 13: Freeze a sub-account
Figure 14: Freeze account confirmation
- After unfreezing a sub-account, please go back to the Sub-Account API page to reset the API permissions and restore the use of your API.
The direct login through APP or webite for a sub-account is currently not supported on KuCoin . You may trade through your sub-account API.
Sub-account does not support the Red Envelop function.