What is the red envelope?
The red envelope is a new function in the APP version. With a red envelope, you can give your cryptocurrency to friends as gifts, and the one who gets a red envelope will receive the cryptocurrency for free. You may find a red envelope on your APP home page:
How to send a red envelope?
1. Tap “Send Red Envelope” button, select a token:
KCS, USDT, and BTC are supported in KuCoin red envelope.
2. Choose By Amount or By Quantity
①By Amount: Your envelope will be distributed based on the total amount of fiat value.
② By Quantity: Your envelope will be calculated distributed based on the total quantity of cryptocurrency.
3. Choose the type of Red Envelope distribution
Red Envelope of Lucky Draw: The amount for each red envelope is generated randomly.
Red Envelope of Fixed Amount: The amount for each red envelope is a fixed number.
4. Input “Total amount” and “Number of the red envelopes”. The Nickname and Greetings are optional. Then tap “Send Now”. For example, Sam is going to give 10 KCS to 2 of his friends:
5. Choose a payment method (Main account or Trading account), and input your Trading Password.
6. The link for the red envelope has been created. Share the link with the password with your friend. They can copy the content and open the KuCoin app, which will then detect the text on their clipboard and give them their gifts.
How to get a red envelope?
When someone is sending a red envelope, you will get a link from him/her as below:
By copying all text on your phone the app will read the clipboard and will automatically detect if the right code has been copied.
- The assets of the red envelope will be frozen once the link generates, and the remaining amount will be returned to your account after seven days.
- You can access your “Archives” to check your red envelope history.
- The red envelope function is realized in the newest APP version. If you are not able to find it on your APP, please wait patiently for the upgrading.