Memo is an additional address feature needed for identifying the transaction recipient of a wallet address. For some tokens such as LUNC, EOS, and XLM, the deposit address for all KuCoin users is the same. As such, the Memo is required to identify which account should the transaction be credited to.
If you forgot or fill in the wrong Memo when making a deposit to KuCoin, the funds will not arrive in your account. In this case, you can try to retrieve it via self-service token recovery.
1. Which cryptocurrencies are supported by the self-service recovery?
For now, ATOM/XRP/LUNA/XLM/USTC/RUNE/XDB/ORAI/KAVA/AKT/LUNC tokens are supported via self-service.
2. How do I apply to recover a deposit if the memo is not filled or wrong?
➡️Firstly, before you apply for this self-service, please ensure that you are logged into your KuCoin account. Then enter the support center page, and select [Recover Deposits with Missing Memo/Tag]. 👇
➡️Here are the fields you need to enter in the form, please read carefully:
- Coin: Select the coin/token you deposit, or you can also use the search function.
- Amount: Enter your deposit amount and please note that we only support 8 decimal places.
- TxID/TxHash: A transaction hash, also known as Txid, is a unique string of characters that is given to every transaction that is verified and added to the blockchain. Like the bill number of express logistics, the hash can be used to track the progress of the transfer. When you successfully withdraw coins from KuCoin, you will be able to get a hash(TXID) of this transfer.
🔔Note: Please do not enter information other than the TxID here, such as address, memo or amount, etc.
- Contact Email: If you registered only with your phone number, please leave your email address so that we can serve you better.
- Before you fill in the form, please make sure the status of your transaction is marked as “confirmed/success” on the blockchain. If the transaction is marked as “unconfirmed” or “failed”, KuCoin has not yet received the returned funds and cannot process your request, please contact the sending platform for assistance.
- If you deposited to the wrong address which does not belong to KuCoin or entered the wrong Tag/Memo which belongs to others, KuCoin is unable to assist you to retrieve the assets.
- For the safety of your funds, we can only return funds to the source address of the deposit without Memo (if a special circumstance applies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org). If the source address is on another platform, please contact the customer service of that platform for further assistance after we have processed the refund.
➡️Click 'Next' to confirm your application information.
After submitting the application, you can then check the application status via 'View Application Records'.
When the application is approved, please click the [Pay Fees] button (please make sure the available balance in your Funding Account is more than the fee: XX USDT). After you pay the fees, we will complete the recovery within 5 working days and provide you with the TxID of the returning deposit.
Q1: Is there a fee for retrieving my crypto?
A: Since recovering funds requires significant effort, we will charge a service fee (you can check the fee amount on the application page or under your application in 'Recovery Application History'.
Q2: Why can't I select other cryptocurrencies to apply for deposit recovery?
A: We are trying to support more cryptocurrencies in recovering a deposit via self-service. At present, only ATOM/XRP/LUNA/XLM/USTC/RUNE/XDB/ORAI/KAVA/AKT/LUNC tokens are supported via self-service. For other situations, please submit a request to KuCoin Support team, we will check if your deposit can be recovered or not and reply to you by email once there is an update.
Q3: Is this deposit recovery application applicable to fiat deposits?
A: Please be aware that this self-service is only applicable for crypto deposits with wrong or missing memo.
Q4: What should I do if deposit wrong crypto?
Q5: How do I pay the recovery fee?
A: After your application is approved, please click the [Pay Fees] button to pay the fee (please make sure the available balance in your Funding Account is more than the fee: XX USDT).
Q6: How long does the application review take?
A: Your application will be reviewed by the system, and there will be a notification mail/SMS once there is an update, please wait patiently.
Q7: How long does the recovery take?
A: After you pay the fees, we will complete the recovery within 5 working days.
Q8: How do I get the TxID of the returning deposit?
A: Please rest assured that there will be a notification mail/SMS.