As the home of altcoins, KuCoin now supports over 600 coins. After a few trades on KuCoin, you may notice that a very small amount of a certain coin may be left in your account after selling it to other coins. Such small balances accumulate over time. If this bothers you, the Convert to KCS feature is here to help!
This article introduces what KCS is, and how to convert your small balances to KCS in a minute.
1. What is KCS?
KCS is KuCoin's native token, which was launched back in 2017 as a utility token that allows traders to share the growth benefit of the exchange.
It was issued as an ERC-20 token running on the Ethereum network and was supported by most Ethereum wallets. After the launch of KCC in the middle of 2021, some KCS has been migrating to the KCC chain. As the underlying fuel of KCC, KCS will empower all the dApps on the chain.
The total supply of KCS was set at 200 million, and there is a planned burn mechanism on a monthly basis until just 100 million KCS remain.
▶ Check the Official KCS Website for more details
▶ Check this blog article to find out more about What KCS Is and How It Works
2. How to Convert Small Balances to KCS
1. On the KuCoin homepage, click on Assets – Overview, and you will find Convert to KCS in your Trading Account.
2. Choose the coins you want to convert, and click on the Convert to KCS button to proceed.
3. Confirm the number of coins to be converted, the KCS amount to receive, and the fee, then click on Confirm to convert.
4. You can check the conversion history and details on the page.
- This feature is also available on the KuCoin app, find it in the Trading Account
- Only total token values below 5 USDT can be converted to KCS
- This feature can only be used once in 24 hours
- At present, delisted tokens cannot be converted to KCS
Happy trading on KuCoin!