Due to the nature of blockchain, one token can exist in different blockchain networks. For example, USDT is issued in multiple networks such as Ethereum, TRON, and EOS blockchain. To successfully deposit tokens, you need to select the corresponding network to deposit. To provide a better deposit experience, KuCoin has supported a vast majority of mainstream public chains.
This article will help you understand the major tokens' multi-network.
1. Introduction to USDT Multi-Network
2. Introduction to BTC Multi-Network
3. Introduction to Common Mainnet
1. Introduction to USDT Multi-Network:
KuCoin users are able to deposit and withdraw USDT in multiple forms, such as USDT-TRON, USDT-ERC20, USDT-KRC20, USDT-EOS, USDT-Algorand, USDT-KCC and more.
(1) USDT-ERC20 is the USDT issued by Tether based on the Ethereum network. Its deposit address is the ETH address, with deposits and withdrawals taking place on the ETH network. The USDT-ERC20 complies with the ERC20 standard.
(2) USDT-TRON (TRC20) is the USDT issued by Tether based on the TRON network. The currency deposit address is the TRON blockchain address, with deposits and withdrawals taking place on the TRON network. The USDT-TRON is based on the TRC20 protocol.
(3) USDT-EOS is the USDT issued by Tether based on the EOS network. The currency deposit address is the EOS address, with deposits and withdrawals taking place on the EOS network. The USDT-EOS uses the EOS protocol.
(4) USDT-Algorand is the USDT based on the ALGO network. The currency deposit address is the address of the Algorand blockchain, with deposits and withdrawals taking place on the Algorand network.
To ensure that users can freely choose their favored forms of USDT to deposit and withdraw at any time, KuCoin will exchange multiple forms of USDT in advance to ensure an adequate balance of these forms of USDT. If you do not agree to the exchange, please do not deposit or withdraw USDT.
2. Introduction to BTC Multi-Network:
KuCoin has already supported the BTC deposit addresses of 3 chains, the BTC chain, the TRON Chain, and the KCC:
(1) BTC Chain: KuCoin supports BTC-Segwit from(starts with "bc") and BTC form（ starts with "3"）deposit addresses, and the withdrawal function supports withdrawals in three formats.
- BTC-SegWit: The address starts with "bc". One of the main features of this format is that it is case-insensitive (the address only contains 0-9, az), so it can effectively avoid confusion and make it easier to read.
- BTC: The address starts with "3", it supports more complex functions than the Legacy address, in order to be compatible with the old version.
- Legacy: The address starts with "1", which is the original address format of Bitcoin and is still in use today. KuCoin does not support this format of the deposit address.
(2) TRON Chain: The address starts with "T". The deposit and withdrawal of this address only support the TRC20 chain and can't withdraw to the address of other chains.
(3) KCC: The address starts with "0x". The deposit and withdrawal of this address only support the KCC network and can't withdraw to the address of other chains.
3. Introduction to Common Mainnet:
- KCC is a high-performance and decentralized public chain built by KCS’ and KuCoin’s fan communities.
- ERC20 refers to the Ethereum network.
- TRC20 refers to the TRON network.
- BTC refers to the Bitcoin network.
- EOS refers to the EOS network
- BEP2 refers to the Binance Chain.
- BEP20 refers to the Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
Note: After an ERC20 token completes the upgrade, its contract address will be updated, and you can judge the token you hold from the contract address is a token with the new contract address or with the old contract address. In order to avoid your loss, it is recommended that you contact the withdrawal party to confirm the contract address of the token you hold, and please do not deposit the token with the contract address that we do not support. In addition, for some tokens, we now only support it as ERC20 chain, please do not deposit mainnet token to your ERC20 token's deposit address.
We hope this article has been helpful. Please reach out to our 24/7 customer support via online chat or submit a ticket if you have any other questions.
Happy trading on KuCoin!